After Saturday’s 1-0 win at home against Crewe Alexandra in Sky Bet League Two, we asked our members what three things they learned.
Here’s what syimp said:
1. No matter how badly we are playing, we have got into the habit of finding a way to win. Woe betide the rest of League Two when we finally hit our straps! A win is a win is a win.
2. Jason Shackell is turning out to be the best bit of transfer business Danny has pulled off this pre-season.
At 35, he may have just come here to see out his illustrious career with a final paycheck, but not a bit of it.
He marshalls the line and is calmly authoritative, coolness personified, distributes really well (despite murmurings from Derby about his passing ability) and scores a few besides.
3. Tom Pett comes on hot from the bench and is proving to be, arguably, our most accomplished finisher. He has great technique, always seems to be in the right place at the right time, latching onto loose balls. Best of all, he’s a game-changer.
And here’s what Gratzimp said:
1. When substitutes are used in the correct manner, they can be very effective – Crewe. When used poorly they do nothing and can upset the balance of the team – Tranmere.
2. Akinde NEEDS a goal, he is doing most things right but is starting to lose his confidence. Moving him to the bench will make his confidence worse, so we need to try and give him a bit better service. Once he scores I am sure he will then go on a roll.
3. We are still not getting our set pieces right, and need to be a lot better in our distribution. Particularly from corners, remember the historic Burnley goal, that came from a very well worked corner. Time to look at it again.
Thank you to Graham Burrell and Lincoln City Football Club for the photograph!
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) October 9, 2018