Here we are at the start of June already, and the excitement is building ahead of the new season.
Here we are at the start of June already, and the excitement is building ahead of the new season. We have a new, vibrant management team and there is a tangible buzz around the place; season ticket sales are 70% up on last season and we await new signings with an eagerness not seen for…er…twelve months. Has Ronaldo been seen at Bentleys? Was that Messi in that 4×4 leaving Sincil Bank? And here’s another rumour…I hear there’s a quiz about to happen…
1. Who is the only member of England’s 1966 World Cup winning team to have scored at Sincil Bank?
2. Who scored 3 hat-tricks in 1980?
3. Which City winger went on to win three Scottish League championships, three successive Scottish FA Cups, two Scottish League Cups, the treble, and a Scotland cap?
4. It last happened on 18 December 1982. What?
5. “Perhaps we could play the game in Dublin.” Who said this, and what was he talking about?
6. Whose last ever home match in the Football League was against Lincoln, watched by a crowd of just 100 (one hundred)?
7. Which City midfielder had the distinction of being the Football League’s youngest ever manager?
8. How did City beat two teams from Stockport in season 1911-12?
9. Which City assistant manager holds the record for the most matches as a manager by an Englishman?
10. In which season did Lincoln travel to Muntz Street, The Chuckery, Cobridge Athletic Grounds, Peel Croft, Drill Field, Barley Bank, Alexandra Recreation Ground, Abbey Park, Hawthorne Road and Hyde Road?
Usual deadline – 6pm Friday.
You can answer the Questions on the Forum RIGHT HERE.