– DC spoke about putting the full week of training to good use with 35 plus game players having double rest days and the lesser utilised players having a thorough work out.
– He has concentrated on defensive discipline and really wants to keep a clean sheet. There has also been intensive input on tactics in particular formations and is confident he can flit between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 dependent upon the opposition and pitch conditions. DC also suggested that he could play 4-5-1 with a mobile forward.
– There are no injury problems ahead of the game and The Imps will have to travel with a tough mental mind set to counter a very together Morecambe side. The pitch is expected to provide difficult conditions but he isn’t concerned about that due to training on a similar surface.
– DC acknowledged that Morecambe have a good record against the well placed teams and have only lost twice this calendar year, both away from home. In their last two home matches The Shrimps have set up with a 4-2-3-1 but have scope to change that from both a tactical perspective and through returning personnel.
– He finished by urging as many Imps fans to travel at the business end of the season and expects that after Easter games some teams will have dropped away with probably about nine sides in the hunt for promotion/play offs.
? Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) March 23, 2018