Hull in the FA Cup and Auto Windscreen Shield, Huddersfield in the FA Cup and Auto Windscreen, and Crystal Palace in the FA Cup and Coca Cola (League) Cup.
1. What did City strikers Tom Maidment, Dennis O’Donnell and Matthew Gillespie have in common?
They all had brothers who followed them to Lincoln and played in the same team for one season only: Jim Maidment (1930-31), Magnus O’Donnell (1904-05) and William Gillespie (1895-96).
2. Which club record is held jointly by Gordon Hobson and Dave Smith?
Most appearances in the Football League Cup – 23 each. Hobson made 23 starts, Smith 22 starts plus 1 from the subs’ bench.
3. What connects Grimsby Town, Bristol City, Bradford Park Avenue, West Ham United, Mansfield Town, Barnet and Rotherham United?
Six is the most any visiting team has ever scored at Sincil Bank: Grimsby on 8 April 1899 (1-6), Bristol City on 7 March 1904 (2-6), Park Avenue on 4 December 1948 (3-6), West Ham on 21 December 1957 (1-6), Mansfield on 27 March 1963 (2-6), Barnet on 4 September 1991 (0-6) and Rotherham on 25 March 2011 (0-6).
4. Which 3 City players from the same team went on to play for Belgian side KVK Tienen together?
Jean Arnaud, Jean-Francois Christophe and Francis Laurent.
5. Who was the last player to score 3 hat-tricks for City?
Jamie Forrester, who scored all three in the space of two months at the start of the 2006-07 season.
6. What was notable about City’s cup campaigns in 1994-95?
Incredibly, they were drawn against the same club in two separate competitions THREE times: Hull in the FA Cup and Auto Windscreen Shield, Huddersfield in the FA Cup and Auto Windscreen, and Crystal Palace in the FA Cup and Coca Cola (League) Cup.
7. City’s biggest win of the 1960s was the 8-1 win over Luton Town on 3 December 1966, which is famous for Billy Cobb’s debut hat-trick. But what was ironic about the win?
City were bottom of the Fourth Division at the time, 3 points adrift. Fortunately Luton were second-bottom.
8. Who is the only player to have scored 25 goals in a season three times for Lincoln?
Billy Dinsdale: 25 in 1926-27 (21 League, 4 FA Cup), 29 in 1927-28 (26 League, 3 FA Cup), and 25 again in 1930-31 (20 League, 5 FA Cup).
9. On which ground were City relegated from the Second Division in 1961?
The Goldstone Ground. A 1-0 defeat to Brighton on 8 April 1961, combined with Huddersfield’s 1-0 win at Scunthorpe, sent City down with 3 games still to play.
10. Which City goalkeeper played in goal for Germany?
Laurie Sivell, who had a short spell on loan from Ipswich in 1979. In 1981 he appeared in the film ‘Escape to Victory’ as the German goalkeeper Schmidt.
Ten more on Monday, which will be the last quiz of the summer.
Enjoy talking about The Imps? Get involved on the Forum RIGHT HERE.