Ahead of tonight’s Sky Bet League Two match at Prenton Park against Tranmere Rovers, we asked our members what three things they think we need to do to come away with all three points.
Here’s what NottyImp said:
1. Keep Calm and Carry On. Did I say that already? Again, unless there are injuries or a player needs resting, there seems no need at all to change the first XI.
2. This will surely be a tougher game than Cheltenham. Tranmere became sort-of rivals in our conference years and we had some good old physical tussles with them. They will be looking for revenge and will want to emulate our success in their first year back in the League by pushing for a playoff spot. We will need to be on our game, sharp and prepared to take a few dings.
3. Improve our set-pieces. Did I say that already? Really, bar our clever free-kick routine with the runner, most delivery into the box is average at best and often poor. I don’t really understand why that is at the moment, but it needs improvement.
And here’s what Brendan Bradley said:
1. Keep doing the same things. There is a well-defined pattern of play that’s effective as well as being pleasing on the eye.
2. Taking a quick look at Tranmere’s forum I saw “We (Tranmere) have a real lack of width that can be exposed by teams with pace”. So, work the ball to either wing as we always create danger from there, or play the ball into space for Akinde with the goal ahead of him. This is our style of play now anyway (apart from Bostwick’s long, and usually over hit, diagonals which drive me crazy).
3. Tranmere are a better side than those played in the last couple of away games, so it’s going to need an Exeter-type performance, and some care, as I’m sure we’ll be put under a lot more pressure than at Macclesfield or Cheltenham.
Thank you to Graham Burrell and Lincoln City Football Club for the photograph!
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) October 2, 2018