Here’s what Chimpimp said:
1. A flying start is a double-edged sword. We started off really well but it’s a difficult level to maintain. We seemed to decide we had done enough and went slightly negative, when in a position of strength, which gives encouragement to the opposition. The good start (2-0) however meant we didn’t need to do too much more to win the game.
2. We are not one injury away from disaster. Bruno Andrade the stand out forward so far this season hasn’t started the last two matches and we have scored six goals because we have most bases covered. We have threats all over the pitch.
3. Harry Anderson’s demise as an attacking force may have been exaggerated. He is still only 21 and can already produce goals with delicate one-touch finishes such as his Morecambe effort and follow it up with a rampaging solo effort, begun on the halfway line, in the next game he plays.
And here’s what Gratzimp said:
1. When we go 2-0 up in the 1st 15 minutes, we have to stop thinking the game is won, and stop taking our foot off the gas to let the opposition back into it. We cannot play at full pelt for 90 minutes, but as said in the Match thread we can tighten up at the back without foregoing our attack.
2. We still don’t have genuinely good cover for Vickers. Smith is a good keeper but has too many mistakes in him, as seen from yesterday. Yes, he makes good saves and has won us points in games. But he has also cost us and could have against Newport. An error-prone keeper gives the opposition confidence, and makes our own defence panic more and have less faith that their stopper will ‘get them out of jail’.
3. We have a management team that are truly committed to the cause and show a passion for their team. This is also a negative, with Danny’s sending off it shows he needs to tighten the reins a bit and think before he speaks, even if a decision is a bad one. Having said that though, I for one wouldn’t have him any other way.
Thank you to Graham Burrell and Lincoln City Football Club for the photograph!
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) December 24, 2018