– Sounded very jovial at the start and was super positive throughout.
– Danny says he likes derby games and had sort of thought Chesterfield was a derby game. Had a good look at Chesterfield in their cup game v Rotherham. He has great respect for Jack Lester and is well aware of his success in management at Forest.
–Chesterfield should not be in the position they are in and they are expecting a tough game. They moved the ball around quickly and played a pressing game. The win will have given them a little more confidence going into Saturday.
– The squad has had a really good week in training, probably having the hardest session of the season on Tuesday. All are fit, only Billy will be missing. Billy is though in good spirits but does need regular discipline and has to be watched. They treat him like a hamster, like a pet and try to keep him on the wheel so they know where he is and what he is doing.
– Throughout the squad the lines of communication are open with the manager, Danny is always talking with the players including those on the periphery of the side. Without exception all players want “their friends” to do well. He recalled Jack Muldoon being one of the most popular and positive influences in the dressing room last year. He was a delight to have around whether in the starting eleven or not.
– They are certainly not expecting an easy game on Saturday. Anybody can beat anybody in this league and in terms of possession, preventing the opposition having chances, and creating chances themselves the team has done well.Felt they had played with a safety catch on v Grimsby and lacked conviction, particularly in the final third. As a result they were left underwhelmed by the Grimsby game. “We will need a monumental effort this year and may have to outdo what we did last year”. Real positive is that we are creating chances.
– They decided against having a game in the week for those who have not been in the starting eleven recently, and chose a training session at 130% of usual energy requirements instead. Interestingly the stats now show Matt Green to be the fastest player in the squad!
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) 6 October 2017