The order has been mixed about so that the headlines are at the top. You can listen to the full Press Conference at the bottom.
– Still looking for a left back. We really liked Tyler Denton from Leeds, but he has gone to Port Vale. There are a few forwards that we like that are asking for quite a lot of money and probably out of reach. If we can sign another left back and a mobile forward he’ll be happy!
– No more news on Raggett in last 48 hrs. He is in the 18 for tomorrow. Was asked about Raggett being advised not to play. Said ‘did I say that?’ and then said football is a great game but terrible industry… still impressed with way Raggett has conducted himself.
– Luke Waterfall trained today and is close to coming back. He is in contention for tomorrow.
– Watched game back from Saturday and thought we should maybe have nicked it in second half. Shouldn’t have given free kicks away in the first half and Nicky spent an hour on training ground working on free kick set ups because of the way we defended them. We only conceded two goals from wide set pieces in the second half of the season, so annoyed about Saturday. Didn’t have the ‘zone’ right.
– Watching again thought Akinfenwa got away with more than Rhead (which I agreed with during the game).
– Pleased to welcome Liam Scully as CEO today. Danny thinks we have desperately needed a Chief Exec to help us move forward off the pitch.
– Noted that Freck was one of the last players of serious note that has come through the academy. For sustainability of club thinks that we should be bringing players like that through now . We are in a better position to protect and keep our young players now we are in the FL due to the regulations, and also get more funding.
– Will be looking to use squad tomorrow. Thinks standard of training is far, far higher than this time last season.
– Praise for Eardley and Dickie. Eardley technically great, Dickie offers different options at centre half.
– Talked about Ross Poynton, medical consultant we work with once a week (alongside our medical team). Pleased we are avoiding soft tissue injuries. Talked about sport science/data/physio team and how important they have been to success.
– Few new players said they were impressed with how vociferous the away support was!
– Watched Rotherham/Fleetwood – they played well and were a bit unlucky. Had a lot of the ball and thinks they are a tough side.
– Following Wycombe, we are trying to evolve and have better control of games and look after the ball better than we did last season. Thinks we need to improve this to do well in L2. Don’t want to be over reliant on Rhead for all his strengths.
Source: BBC Radio Lincolnshire Sport.
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) August 7, 2017