Date: 6th February 2018 at 12:41pm
Written by:

Match Reports – Official Club Websites

Lincoln City OS:

“Lee Frecklington put The Imps into the lead from the penalty spot, following the dismissal of Matt Preston for a foul on Matt Green but two goals in three minutes from Marc Richards and Ollie Banks thought they’d won the game for The Robins until the late leveller for City.

City made early inroads down the right flank, Neal Eardley and Danny Rowe whipping in dangerous crosses testing the concentration of the visiting defence in front of a typically noisy Sincil Bank crowd, who weren’t dampened in spirit despite the rain pouring down.”

Report: Imps v Swindon Town

Swindon Town OS:

“Despite starting well, the Reds found themselves a goal and a man down with Lee Frecklington spot on with his penalty after Matt Preston committed a professional foul on Matt Green.

Swindon have shown character in abundance so far this season, however, and it was evident once again with strikes from Marc Richards and Ollie Banks giving the ten-men a slender half-time lead.

Lincoln were on top for the majority of the second-half though and they snatched a point at the death following a goalmouth scramble.”

MATCH REPORT: Lincoln City 2-2 Swindon Town

Match Reports – What The Newspapers Say

Lincolnshire Live:

“The game started off in a fiery manner. Referee Anthony Goggins was in action within thirty seconds. A strong tackle by Alex Woodyard was deemed worthy of a caution, despite the disapproval of the home fans.

The fans were left further enraged when a penalty appeal was turned away. Lee Frecklington appeared to be bundled to the ground after picking up a James Wilson header. But Goggins pointed for a goal kick.

Swindon started to assert themselves in the game. Keshi Anderson struck wide before Matt Taylor saw his effort almost deflected into his own net by Luke Waterfall.”

Imps strike late to salvage a point against ten men

Swindon Advertiser:

“IN A game which saw a red card, a penalty and a first team debut, Swindon Town can’t be too disgruntled that they came away from Sincil Bank with a point.

Disaster struck for David Flitcroft and his troops in the 23rd minute when Matt Preston was left chasing down Lincoln City striker Matt Green, after he broke free of the visiting defence.

Preston caught up with the 31-year-old before a rush of blood to the head saw him dive in with a na├»ve challenge, resulting in a penalty, when in hindsight he may have been better off holding up the Lincoln man.”

FULL REPORT: Town can’t quite hold on at Lincoln


Fans’ Forums – Match Threads

Vital Lincoln City:

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Swindon Town

Lincoln V Swindon Official Matchday Thread

Thank you to Graham Burrell and Lincoln City FC for the photograph.