– Danny was clearly very disappointed and somewhat downcast with tonight’s effort and disappointed for the fans, particularly those who travelled tonight who he thought deserved much better. He thought the players had played well within themselves in an unacceptably poor performance. Big changes in the mindset of the individual players would be required before the next game.
– Upset with their goal, most important sections of the match are the five minutes at the start, end and either side of half time. The players know this and have not put a glove on Colchester as they came forward, split the defence and scored. Teams are not going to gift us goals like that.
– He mentioned the lack of intensity, not being brave enough and the fact that a few were not doing as well as they have done in the past.
– We have to deal in the truth and be honest with them, there is no hiding place. Have lost two games on the trot and were well short tonight.
– “I feel let down by the performance,” “I felt sorry for the fans who made so much effort to come down here on a Tuesday night.”
– “There’ll be a lot of soul-searching over the next few days.”
– He made it clear that the players were under no illusion. “I’m clear where I’m going and nobody’s getting in my way.” They need to step up to the plate, they have been given a chance but those chances can quickly pass by.
Thank you to Graham Burrell and Lincoln City FC for the photograph.
— Vital Lincoln City (@VitalLincoln) 22 November 2017